NHSX exists to transform the NHS and social care using digital technology.
Digital transformation revolutionises people’s care. It means patients can access the best and safest treatment, as swiftly as possible.
Data and cutting-edge technologies are starting to realise their enormous potential for the NHS, and COVID-19 has proved the need for a digitised, interoperable, connected health and care system.
NHSX is a joint unit of NHS England and the Department of Health and Social Care, supporting local NHS and care organisations to:
● digitise their services
● connect the health and social care systems through technology
● transform the way patients’ care is delivered at home and in hospital
NHSX has the strategy, powers and technical expertise to:
● negotiate national contracts
● design the technical architecture to link up the whole system across health and care
● set national policy to deliver the necessary change